Sunday, October 21, 2012

Shecky’s Night Out in NYC, Friday October 19th



Shecky’s Night Out in NYC, Friday October 19th 

Shecky's Logo


I have been attending Shecky's events since its very beginning. I remember, the first one I attended, my goodie bag was worth well over $300, plus every almost every vendor was giving out freebies/samples at their table. I used to get home with everything!!!! Deodorants, body wash, lotions, hair products, beauty products, teeth whitening, food samples, wine... 

The events also included give-away and games.



 Those were the old good days.....

For the past couple of years, my bestie, who is my loyal partner in attending this event a couple times a year, have repetitively discussed the downward pattern. I remember one time, a lot of guys were in attendance.... AAAAAwkward.

This time, they really out did themselves. The goodie bag didn't even have the usual Shecky's logo on it. Maybe they were too embarrassed of its content. what was in it??? The goodie bag was a pink plastic clear one. Screaming Cheap... Contents: Press-on nails (  i guess this is must, yuck), greeting card ( which was cute), Neutrogena face wash ( which I will use).  That's that. Pretty impressive.... Right...


I have to admit, at the price value it is still worth attending for a couple of drinks and catching up with my friends. But is very unfair to vendors, as clients are coming with no intent to really purchase anything because these events have been sooo poor over the last two years.



Maybelline SAVED THE DAY:

There is light at the end of the tunnel...

This event, is the first that i actually arrived early. I got there about 5:15 ( starts at 5).

I waited online for about 5 minutes, which is pretty reasonable ( too bad, i got to see the lame goodie bag before even going in).

The first session that caught my eyes was Maybelline. They were perfectly staged in the back session of the layout. The beauty consultants seem very knowledge and were pleasant. Even on early arrival, Maybelline already had a line.

I decided to go get a drink, and take a round the floor. The drink was decent " the little black dress"- nothing i would personally buy. The walk was worthless. I ended up back at Maybelline. Now the line was longer. I didn't get to personally get a mini make-over, but did see some of the pictures.

Maybelline was the major highlight of this event. Otherwise, it would have been pretty much flat.

I did see many satisfied clients leaving the Maybelline stations more than satisfied. 

Maybelline station pictures:












More pictures:
































More reviews:

0 comments:

Post a Comment