Friday, September 21, 2012

Great Bridal Expo in NYC - Nay




Verdict: 1/5



GBE LogoNEW YORK MARRIOTT MARQUIS
1535 Broadway
New York, NY 10036

Last night I attended the Great Bridal Expo in NYC at the Marriott Marquis in the heart of the city.

I have to admit that I work a couple of blocks away and I do not get to enjoy NYC enough. I was excited about walking over to 42nd.

This is the description provided by  Great Bridal Expo website:

Bridal Guide is proud to be a part of the 
The Great Bridal Expo
, the nation's largest touring bridal exhibition. The expo features aisles of top wedding professionals, fashion shows with the latest in bridal attire, and chances to win fabulous giveaways such as honeymoons, gowns, home furnishings and more. Find the show nearest you and start planning the wedding of your dreams today!


When I was looking for a bridal event to attend, I wasn't sure about this one because it promises to be the biggest bridal show, but their website doesn't say much.( except for the above). I ended up getting a ticket because I found a discount code which made the event free. The event was also very close to my job, so I wasn't going out of my way.

How was it? In my opinion very poorly planned.
Line:
The line was extremely long, but it went pretty quickly so it wasn't too bad of a wait. While waiting, it was extremely hot. I had to take off my cardigan. I though it was just me getting hot-flashes, but no, other people were taking off some of the garments as well.
Vendors:
Lots of vendors. Most of the same category. Photographer after photographer. Travel agency here and there. 
The event was overcrowded. Perhaps, if they organized properly, they should consider time-slots. I couldn't get to the booths. I think we talked to maybe less then half, maybe less then a quarter, of the vendors.
They had only one florist- who sponsored the event- so, that wasn't biased at all. A couple of venues and Tons, I mean tons of photographers with a few random vendors here and there.


Verdict:

0 comments:

Post a Comment